It’s no secret that I love a good quote.
When I scroll through my social media news feed, if I see a good’un, I screenshot it and add it to my collection.
This has resulted in my having hundreds of the damn things!
I then had the ingenious idea to make a super-quote-post containing the best ones.
…and boom…here it is!
(My absolute favorite is number 103.)
How many can you identify?
I’ve intentionally left off the names of the authors (or at least the ones that I knew). If you recognize a quote and you know the author, pop it in the comments below along with the quote number.
Let’s see who can identify the most!
1. One life. Just one. Why aren’t we running like we are fire towards our wildest dreams?
2. You only have so much emotional energy each day. Don’t fight battles that don’t matter.
3. Sweat dries. Blood clots. Bones heal – Suck it up, Princess!
4. When something bad happens, you have three choices. You can let it define you let it destroy you or let it strengthen you.
5. Everything you do is based on the choices that you make. It’s not your parents, your relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice that you make. Period.
6. Making a big change is scary. But, know what’s even scarier? Regret.
7. It’s not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
8. Someone once told me not to bite off more than I could chew. I told them that I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity.
9. Sometimes it takes an overwhelming breakdown to have an undeniable breakthrough.
10. You cannot wait for the perfect time, you must dare to jump.
11. The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.
12. Doubts kill more dreams than failure ever will.
13. Life is going to get hard sometimes. So, get the fuck up and get your shit together. You’re either an ocean or a puddle. Don’t be a puddle. People walk through puddles like they’re nothing. Oceans fucking destroy cities.
14. If you find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
15. Your wings already exist. All you have to do is fly.
16. There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
17. Entrepreneur: Someone who jumps off a cliff and build a plane on the way down.
18. Success is no accident. It’s hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love what you are doing.
19. You decide every moment of every day who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second.
20. Don’t strive to be better than others; strive to be better than your best self.
21. Others can stop you temporarily, only you can do it permanently.
22. Be a rule-breaker, risk-taker, and dream chaser.
23. A lion does not worry about the opinion of sheep.
24. You are who you associate with. Look around at your five closest friends and that’s who you are. If you don’t want to be that person, you know what you gotta do.
25. When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.
26. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
27. Progress isn’t linear. Progress is full of twists and turns, ups and downs, backtracks, and side loops.
28. It’s impossible to live without failing at something. Unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all.
29. If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.
30. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
31. You are your only limit.
32. Like wildflowers; you must allow yourself to grow in places people thought you never would.
33. Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.
34. I’d rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.
35. Some people want it to happen, some people wish it to happen, others make it happen.
36. Opportunity is missed by most people because it’s dressed overalls and looks like work.
37. You need to make a commitment, and once you make it, then life will give you some answers.
38. Not every day is going to offer us a chance to save somebody’s life, but every day offers us an opportunity to affect one.
39. Failure does not mean defeat.
40. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
41. In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
42. What’s the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?
43. Any worthwhile ambition scares the living shit out of you.
44. I’m not here to be average. I’m here to be awesome.
45. Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.
46. Be proud, but never satisfied.
47. The difference between me and them is that I keep going when it becomes hard.
48. The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.
49. Behind every successful person, there’s a lot of unsuccessful years.
50. People with great passion make the impossible happen.
51. Whatever you’re thinking, think bigger!
52. Success isn’t given, it’s earned. On the field, on the track, in the gym, with blood, sweat, and the occasional tear.
53. Successful people do daily what others do occasionally.
54. Why be normal when you can be fucking incredible?
55. Never let your fears decide your future.
56. There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.
57. Mindset is everything.
58. Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.
59. Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skill. Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom.
60. Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.
61. No matter how many goals you have achieved, you must set your sights on a greater one.
62. In the end, people will judge you anyway, so don’t live your life impressing others – live your life impressing yourself.
63. I began to realize how important it was to be enthusiastic in life. If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all else become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good.
64. Stop waiting. Start doing.
65. It’s time to stop pretending that you’re this average person. You’ve got big work to do. Big.
66. It’s hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
67. Find something that gets you so excited that the sun can’t come up early enough in the morning because you want to do your thing.
68. Obstacles don’t want to stop you, they want to teach you how to innovate.
69. A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.
70. Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don’t be afraid to take that first step.
71. You can’t get to courage without walking through vulnerability.
72. I’ve never met a strong person with an easy past.
73. Ships don’t sink because of the water around them. Ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don’t let what’s going on around you get inside you and weigh you down.
74. A dream wrote down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by actions makes your dream come true.
75. Don’t burn your opportunities for a temporary comfort.
76. Give a rich man $1,000 and he’ll return with $100,000. Give a poor man $1,000 and he’ll return with a pair of Jordan’s and TR Jeans.
77. A child learns to walk and falls down 50 times. He never thinks to himself, “maybe this isn’t for me?”
78. Expect the bullshit, but never accept it.
79. Every day matters. Be phenomenal or be forgotten.
80. You can’t have a good day with a bad attitude, and you can’t have a bad day with a good attitude.
81. Remember that girl who gave up? Neither does anyone else.
82. Hustle until your haters ask if you’re hiring.
83. No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you’re still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
84. Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
85. Make today so awesome, yesterday gets jealous.
86. You have exactly one life to do everything that you will ever do. Act accordingly.
87. Change doesn’t come in nickels and dimes. It comes in dedication and sweat.
88. We have within us the capacity to manufacture the happiness that we are constantly chasing.
89. Small changes eventually add up to huge results.
90. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.
91. An arrow can only be shot by pulling backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, just imagine it’s going to launch you into something great.
92. Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely.
93. Don’t allow good days to go to our heads or the bad days to go to our hearts. What happened in the past is less important than what we do in the future.
94. It’s a terrible thing in life, I think, to wait until you are ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
95. Tomorrow you will wish you had started today.
96. Most obstacles melt away when we make up our minds to walk boldly through them.
97. I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn’t.
98. Don’t quit your daydream.
99. I’m not here to fit into your world. I’m here to make my own.
100. If you put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there; you must go beyond them.
101. Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down into the bottom of his soul and come up with an extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
102. The difference between a failure and a high-performance individual is how each deals with fear. We are all afraid. A high-performance person uses his fear to galvanize his actions.
103. Out of the way world. I’ve got my sassy pants on today.
104. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up, and never give me.
105. The best view comes from the hardest climb.
106. Create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside.
107. We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.
108. Surround yourself with those on the same mission as you.
109. I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don’t.
110. Don’t let your past steal your present.
111. What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while.
112. If you were given a book with the story of your life, would you read the end?
113. It never gets easier. You just get stronger.
114. The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before.
115. Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must, but take a step.
116. Focus on your goal. Don’t look in any other direction but ahead.
117. I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.
118. If you’re always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.
119. I’ve worked too hard and have come too far to be stopped in my tracks.
120. You were never created to live depressed, defeated, guilty, condemned, ashamed, or unworthy. You were created to be victorious.
121. I’m too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.
122. 30 days from now you’re either going to be blown away by how much you’ve improved. Or you’re going to regret not having done your best. The choice is yours.
123. If you hate waking up on Monday’s, change your job.
124. Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.
125. Bad times make the good times better.
126. We have to be willing to fail, to be wrong, to start over again with lessons learned.
127. When we reach our lowest point we are open to the greatest change.
128. Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.
129. Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.
130. Mistakes are proof that you’re trying.
131. Channel their negativity to fuel your commitment.
132. Follow what excites you and figure out how to get paid for it.
133. You cannot fail. You can only quit.
134. A fresh start can start right now.
135. If you want a better future, you cannot live in the past.
136. One step backward might be exactly what you need to leap forward.
137. Your biggest obstacle is yourself.
138. Your dreams bloom with the right people and burn with the wrong ones.
139. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
140. Sometimes, the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.
141. Just stick with it … What seems so hard now will one day be your warm-up.
142. We live like zombies. We wake up, carry out habits, and go to sleep only to wake up and do it again. You exist, but do you feel alive?
143. Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.
144. A great day starts with a great attitude. Make it a great day.
145. You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
146. Life is too short to wake up with regrets so love the people who treat you right and forget about those who don’t. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it.
147. Success is walking from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm.
148. Don’t be pushed by your problems; be led by your dreams.
149. Most people die at 25 and aren’t buried until they’re 75.
150. If you don’t design your life someone else will do it for you.
151. It’s about doing what you do best and not worrying about what the other fellow is going to do.
152. It’s your road and your road alone. Others can walk it with you but no one can walk it for you.
153. Around here, we don’t look backward for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we are curious… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
154. Success doesn’t just come and find you. You have to go out and get it.
155. The greatest discovery of my generation is that people can alter their lives by altering their attitudes.
156. More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren’t busy denying them.
157. A determined mind and a strong will bear endless possibilities.
158. Stop focusing on dumb shit.
159. History never remembers the critic.
160. Mama exhorted her children every opportunity to ‘jump at the sun.’ We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground.
161. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, and every part of your body be full of that idea and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
162. One of the greatest pleasures in life is doing what others said you couldn’t.
163. Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream only you can see.
164. Act or accept.
165. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.
166. You are entirely up to you.
167. Look in the mirror…That’s your competition.
168. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn.
169. There are over 7 billion people on earth. Don’t let 1 person ruin your day.
170. Good things come to those that work their asses off and never give up.
171. The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.
172. No one is you and that is your power.
173. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.
174. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.
175. 90% of what high achievers do, no one ever sees. High achievers do things behind closed doors that the rest chose not to do. That’s where success is achieved.
176. Whatever you’re thinking, think bigger.
177. Think global, even when you’re local.
178. If you’ve lost your hustle, it’s because you aren’t in tune with why you are doing it.
179. Life is about movement. What does not move has no life. Death is attracted to those that do not move. Whether it’s in battle, as a business owner or when it comes down to your health. Keep moving. Keep creating.
180. I do not have superior intelligence or faultless looks. I do not captivate a room or run a mile under six minutes. I only succeeded because I was still working after everyone else went to sleep.
181. If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.
182. Successful people do things that the average person is not willing to. They make sacrifices the average person is not willing to make. But the difference it makes is extraordinary.
183. Grind when they rest. Study when they party. You’ll live like they dream.
184. The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life.
185. Don’t call it a dream; call it a plan.
186. Quit bitching about yesterday and waiting for tomorrow, you’re pissing on today.
187. Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself.
188. I don’t have a ‘9-5’. I have a ‘when I open my eyes to when I close them’.
189. Some say I’m showing off. Others say I’m inspiring. I guess it depends on what you are looking for.
190. If you don’t like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
191. A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing ever grows there.
192. Success is never owned, it’s rented. And the rent is due every day.
193. Attitudes are contagious. Make yours worth catching.
194. Set some goals. Stay quiet about them. Smash the shit out of them. Clap for your damn self.
195. Entrepreneurs are the crazy people that work 100 hours a week so they don’t have to work 40 hours for someone else.
196. Your unwillingness to work on your own ideas during your free time is the reason why you have to work for someone else.
197. The thing most people don’t pick up when they become an entrepreneur is that it never ends. It’s 24/7.
198. Ever since I was a little girl I had dreams of doing it big. I’m not about to disappoint myself.
199. Everyone looks at you strangely. They say you changed. Like you worked that hard to stay the same.
200. Each tiny effort builds on the next. So that brick by brick magnificent things can be created.
201. Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money but you can’t get more time.
202. I love to compete. To me, business is the ultimate sport. It’s always on. There is always someone trying to beat me.
203. This is the beginning of anything you want.
204. Whatever you are, be a good one.
205. The same boiling water that softens a potato hardens an egg. It’s about what you’re made of, not the circumstances.
206. Stay hungry when you’re stressed. Stay humble when you’re blessed.
207. There are only two days in the year when nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow.
208. The earlier you start working on something, the earlier you will see results.
209. Until you’re broken you don’t know what you are made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever.
210. If you don’t want responsibility, don’t sit in the big chair. To be successful, you must first accept full responsibility.
211. All the money you will ever need exists in your head long before it ever appears in your bank account.
212. What doesn’t kill you only makes a great story to tell later.
213. First you learn, and then you remove the ‘L’.
214. Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt.
215. I don’t go into things to test the waters. I go in to make waves.
216. Life doesn’t get easier. You just get stronger.
217. Sometimes I need to remind myself that I don’t have to do what everyone else is doing.
218. Complaining is easy. Executing is hard.
219. A person who doesn’t make mistakes is unlikely to make anything.
220. If you’re still looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror.
221. While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.
222. We all have our battles, but the next time you don’t give yourself credit for fighting yours, remember that the battles you’ve survived may have killed someone else.
223. Only dead fish go with the flow.
224. Tomorrow: A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.
225. Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow.
226. A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open.
227. The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.
228. The person you will be in five years depends largely on the information you fill your mind with today. Be picky about the books you read, the people you spend time with, and the conversations you engage in.
229. A bar of iron costs $5. Made into horseshoes it’s worth is $12, made into needles it’s worth $3500, made into balance springs for watches it’s worth $300,000. Your own value is determined also by what you are able to make of yourself.
230. I will not live the same year 90 times and call it a life.
231. Build a life you don’t need a vacation from.
232. Have big dreams. You will grow into them.
233. A man once told me, ‘the best way you can help people in need is not to be someone in need.’
234. I have not found a single investment that’ll give you a higher return on your money than investing in yourself. Reading books, attending conferences, exercising. They will outperform the best stock or real estate deal in the world. Invest wisely.
235. Without leaps of imagination, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.
236. This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time.
237. Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.
238. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
239. If it doesn’t challenge you it won’t change you.
240. Work hard in silence. Let your success be your noise.
241. Don’t stop when you’re tired. Stop when you’re done.
242. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
243. Expect problems and eat them for breakfast.
244. Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.
245. Tough time never last, but tough people do.
246. Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction.
247. I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
248. F.E.A.R has two meanings – Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours.
249. Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.
250. Excuses don’t get results.
251. Today is all that I have and it’s all that I need.
252. Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.
253. Old ways won’t open new doors.
254. Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer.
255. A goal without a plan is just a wish.
256. I didn’t come this far to only come this far.
257. Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you offer.
258. Discipline is the badge between goals and accomplishment.
259. Do it now. Sometimes ‘later’ becomes ‘never’.
260. You can’t beat the person who never gives up.
261. Don’t limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.
262. Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
263. Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
264. If you don’t sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes your sacrifice.
265. Be so good they can’t ignore you.
266. The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell.
267. Go the extra mile, it’s never crowded.
268. Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.
269. No one is busy in this world. It’s all about priorities.
270. You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.
271. If you want something you’ve never had, you got to do something you’ve never done.
272. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit keeps you going.
273. Perfection is not attainable. But if you chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
274. Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.
275. Get shit done.
276. Work until your idols become rivals.
277. Practice like you’ve never won. Perform like you’ve never lost.
278. When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.
279. Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
280. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
281. Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute, an hour, a day, or a year, but eventually, it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.
282. A ship is safe in the harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.
How many quotes did you identify? Let me know in the comments below.
Also, let me know if there are any other belters that should be added to my huge list of motivational quotes.